Permanent URI for this community
Browsing University Publications by Issue Date
Now showing 1 - 20 of 109
Results Per Page
- ItemKabale University Students Handbook: General Information and Academic Regulations(Kabale University, 2015) Kabale UniversityThe information, regulations and policies in this document are approved by the Kabale University Senate and are in conformity with Uganda National Council for Higher Education guidelines of January 2014
- ItemGeneral Information and Academic Regulations(Kabale University, 2015-04) Kabale UniversityThe minimum entry requirement for admission to a Doctoral degree is a master’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution. For a Master’s Degree Programmes a) At least a Second Class (Lower) Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution, b) Lower qualification may be considered upon presentation of academic growth. For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes, an applicant for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programme normally qualifies under the following requirements: a) Direct entry from Secondary School, Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. b) Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations (accredited by Uganda National Council for higher Education) with at least a 50% mark or Diploma obtained at credit or distinction level from a recognized institution. For Undergraduate Diploma Programmes a) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (5) passes; and b) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent. For Ordinary Certificate Programmes, a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (3) passes obtained at the same sitting. Keywords: Information, Academic Registrar, Regulations.
- ItemJob Descriptions and Person Specifications Manual(Kabale University, 2016) Kabale UniversityThe document lists the main features of each specific job. The description typically includes the person’s main duties, responsibilities, and working conditions. It also includes the job title and to whom the person holding that job has to report.
- ItemKabale University Policy on Promoting Staff Academic Growth and Professional Development(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThis document is a policy statement that describes Kabale University policy on promoting staff academic growth and professional development within the framework of stated guiding factors. It contains general provisions on the process of promoting staff academic growth and development together with specific guidelines on operational procedures and regulations governing the staff training and development process at the University. Section One provides the meaning of terms and expressions as used in this document. It also specifies the scope of this policy as well as specifying the underlying factors that inform the policy described here including the factor of academic staff training for doctoral degrees as a high priority area and pre-requisites for academic growth and professional development, among others. Section Two outlines the objectives of the policy. Section Three is the core of the policy and it describes the main provisions of the policy together with proposals as to how the University intends to promote the academic growth and development of its members of staff. The main focus here is on the commitment of the University to promote staff academic growth and development, identifying staff training and development needs, supporting academic research and publications, providing incentives to study for higher degrees, including rewards for achieving a higher degree qualification, setting out academic conditions for continued employment of a member of staff and specifying the role of Departmental and Faculty and Institute structures as agencies for promoting staff academic growth and professional development. Section Four gives details of how the policy will be implemented. Among other things, the policy provides for the creation of an infrastructure containing the relevant policy implementing agencies including provision for a staff training and development unit within the Human Resource Directorate, a Senate Human Resource Staff Training and Development Committee chaired by the Vice-Chancellor, Staff Training and Development Committees at Faculty and Departmental levels chaired by the relevant academic heads. This section also provides a framework for operational and regulatory guidelines governing the identification of members of staff to be placed on the staff training and development programme, specification of Staff Training and Development categories, as well as application procedures for study and sabbatical leave and related financial arrangements. Keywords: Policy, Staff Academic Growth, Professional, Development, Kabale University
- ItemKabale University Policy on Promoting Staff Academic Growth and Professional Development(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThis document is a policy statement that describes Kabale University policy on promoting staff academic growth and professional development within the framework of stated guiding factors. It contains general provisions on the process of promoting staff academic growth and development together with specific guidelines on operational procedures and regulations governing the staff training and development process at the University.
- ItemFormat For Reading Graduands 2017(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe document contains the chancellor’s procession on the 2nd congregation of Kabale University as a Public university
- ItemInternal Audit Charter(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe objective of the Internal Audit is to provide additional assurance to the University Council that the implementation of management and control mechanisms is adequate, economical and consistent with the generally recognised standards and national legislation. The Internal Audit furnishes the overall University Management with analyses, recommendations, advices and information concerning the activities reviewed.
- ItemAudit and Risk Management Committee Charter(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe purpose of this document is to set out the role, duties and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Management Committee and its relationship to the Internal and External Audit functions and the Kabale University Council.
- ItemKabale University Research and Publications Policy(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThis document is a policy statement that describes the Research and Publications Policy of Kabale University. It contains guidelines on decision making, setting research goals and strategies. It also provides a framework for developing consistency, research quality assurance, accountability and a mechanism for regulating and monitoring research related activities in the form of operational guidelines.
- ItemGuild Constitution(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe Kabale University Guild Constitution has an indispensable part to play in the political, social growth and development of the University. Student political activism in higher Institutions of learning is real and needs direction and support by the University council, Senate, Management, Staff and the student community itself. The council is ready and willing to give due guidance to the Student Guild by continually supporting them whenever necessary. What makes the Guild Constitution unique and relevant is the fact that the students, Management and the University Council have actively contributed to the making of this constitution until its final approval. It also clearly reflects the Mission of the University: “To excel in generation and dissemination of relevant knowledge and skills development for lifelong learning and community service.”
- ItemResearch projects: 2017-2021(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityDomestically and Externally funded research projects
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale Universitywhereas Kabale University Administrative Staff (hereinafter referred to as the staff) need an opportunity for the staff to associate in the interest of the staff and the university; realizing that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; whereas the staff undertake to associate and/or execute the activities of the association, the staff shall be bound to comply with the provisions as stipulated herein. realizing that the universities and other tertiary institutions act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an administrative staff association in a public university; the staff hereby resolve to form kabale university administrative staff association (KUADSA). Keywords: Constitution, Administrative Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018)Realizing that the universities and other tertiary institution Act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an Administrative Staff Association in a public University; the staff here by resolve to form Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)
- ItemDraft Resource Mobilisation Plan(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe overall objective of the Plan is to ensure that there is a clear, systematic, predictable and well-coordinated approach to soliciting, acquiring, utilization, management, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating assistance for expanding the resource base to ensure sustainable resource availability for implementation of the University programmes.
- ItemThe Constitution of Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityHereas Kabale University Academic Staff (hereafter referred to as the Staff) are in need for an opportunity to work as a team in the interest of the individual persons and/ or common good and /or in the interest of the University. Realizing that section 68(1) of the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001 provides for an Academic Staff Association in each Public University; recognising that unity is strength and to associate is to create the necessary foundation for unity; understanding that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; mindful of the need for collective bargaining when confronted by various challenges in the work environment; kabale university academic staff hereby resolve to form an Association to be known as Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA). Keywords: Constitution, Academic Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemGraduation List for 26th October 2018(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe document contains the provisional list of graduands 2018
- ItemA PROGRAM FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MONTIORNG AND EVALUATION (PGDME)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe PGDME programme runs on a modular programme designed to be completed within 1 year. A module will include five (5) weeks of face to face interaction with facilitators of the courses. The student will be given prepared materials including online resources to continue with learning outside campus. The programme consists of Course works & Examinations and all courses are compulsory to all students. Students who undertake and pass this programme and wish to upgrade to a Masters degree in Monitoring and Evaluation will only do dissertation and related methodology and compulsory second year courses. The overall goal of the Master of Monitoring and Evaluation Program is to strengthen the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of interventions by governments, civil society and non-government organizations as well as development partners in Sub-Saharan Africa through the development and enhancement of capacity for evaluation The program broadly aims to impart knowledge, skills and competences to students interested in building a career in monitoring and evaluation. Specifically, the program is intended to: -Impart up-to date knowledge, skills and competencies on evaluation within diverse contexts, produce evaluation experts with management skills and competencies in making critical decisions that affect delivery of public services at all levels of society, produce graduates who can design, conduct and manage efficient and effective evaluations
- ItemA PROGRAM FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PROJECT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe programme of PGDPPM is a one-year programme and is hosted by the Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences (FEMS). The programme consists of Course works & Examinations and all courses are compulsory to all students. Students who undertake and pass this programme and wish to upgrade to a Masters degree in Project Planning and Management will only do dissertation and related methodology and compulsory second year courses. Applicants to the Postgraduate Diploma program must meet the general requirements for admission to Graduate Programmes set by National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and Kabale University. Specially, applicants must possess the following: A Bachelor’s degree with at least lower second-class honors from a recognized institution; OR Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education(UACE) obtained at the same sitting, a professional qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized professional body. Keywords: Postgraduate Diploma, Project Planning, Management, Kabale University
- ItemKabale University Convocation Constitution(Kabale University, 2018-10) Kabale UniversityWhereas Kabale University Staff and the Alumni (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Convocation) are desirous of associating so as to provide a recognized platform for the members to take an active role in the affairs of Kabale University (hereinafter referred to as the University); Whereas the Convocation commit themselves to the pursuit of the University Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values; whereas the Convocation represents the interests of the members nationally and internationally; whereas the Convocation is one of the stakeholders’ fora of the University aiming at contributing to the development of the University; whereas section 70 of the provides for the Convocation, the Convocation members do hereby subscribe to forming a Convocation; And whereas the Convocation undertakes to associate and execute the activities of the Convocation as laid down in this Constitution, the Convocation shall be bound to accord due respect to and shall comply with the provisions as stipulated herein. Keywords: Convocation, Constitution, Kabale University
- ItemThe KAB MIRROR(Kabale University, 2019) Felix, MwesigeDear esteemed readers of The Kab Mirror, welcome to the 10th publication, which we are proud that you have passion to read. Remember that we now publish this magazine twice a semester, owing to the support of the University Management. We thank all the well-wishers and the entire Kabale university community for the support you have shown so far, especially the writing of relevant articles and the readership as well. It is this support that has made the continuous publication possible. We encourage everyone to make a contribution in terms of writing, editing and reading, to promote our magazine, which started with 6 pages! We are now proud that we can publish an edition of up to 30 pages! We encourage writing in English, French, Kiswahili and Runyakitara languages, although in the near future, we shall also accept articles in Chinese and German. We encourage articles that are educative, informative and those that are entertaining as well. We don’t encourage articles that bring disharmony in the community and especially those that can cause hatred, because we all wish to study and work in a peaceful environment. Our major aim is to publish positive information for the promotion of a writing and reading culture among our staff and the students. We pledge to develop The Kab Mirror to its desired standards. We wish you the best.