- ItemUtilization of Electronic Medical Records and Service Delivery at Medicus Health Care Kabale Municipality.(Kabale University, 2023) Kukunda, TashThe study conducted was about the utilization of electronic medical records and service delivery at Kabale, Municipality. The objectives of the study were to find out the types of electronic medical records found at Medicus Healthcare Kabale Municipality, to establish the impacts of utilization of electronic medical records and service delivery at Medicus Healthcare Kabale Municipality, to assess the challenges facing utilization of electronic medical records and service delivery at Medicus healthcare Kabale Municipality, to establish the possible solutions to the challenges facing utilization of electronic medical records and service delivery Medicus healthcare Kabale Municipality. The study used a descriptive research design. The data collection methods used included the interview, observation, and content data analysis which was checked for their validity and reliability by the university supervisor before going to the field. Data collected was analyzed using thematic analysis and content analysis and a purposive sampling technique was used to get the sample. The findings revealed the types of electronic medical records kept at MHC for example; the Physician Order Entry, Administrative records, Laboratory records Out-patient and inpatient electronic records, and Pharmacy records. The impact of the utilization of electronic medical records on service delivery was; quick in retrieving information of the patients coming for a review, improved on-job performance of the health workers, record keeping and reliable storage making it easy to access the records, capture patient information enabled them to accomplish their tasks more quickly. The study found out the challenges faced while utilizing electronic medical records and service delivery like; as inadequate electricity power supply and power outages causing delays in the health workers' performance of their tasks, poor internet connectivity causing failure to access the system, high costs in maintain the system for they have to pay for it monthly and power shedding. All these challenges hindered the effectual performance of the health workers at MHC. However, possible solutions were identified which included getting a standby power source, Training the staff, proper planning, and taking safe EMR precautions.
- ItemUtilization of ICT Skills on Library Information Resources By Students At Kabale Brainstorm High School.(Kabale University, 2023) Twongyeirwe, EstherThe study was about the utilization of ICT skills in library and information resources by students at Kabale Brainstorm High School. The study adopted a descriptive research design. A sample size of 200 respondents was used. Both questionnaires and interview guides were used to collect data. The study findings indicated that Computers, Scanners, Bar code readers, CD-ROM, Machines for Photocopying, Digital cameras and CCTV cameras, Networked Servers, and LDC Projector were identified by all respondents as ICT facilities available at Kabale Brainstorm High School. The study findings indicated that Newspaper/magazines, Reference materials (e.g. dictionaries, encyclopedias), Theses/dissertations, Pamphlets, Electronic Information Resources ( e.g. e¬journals), and Monographs/textbooks were the most information resources with a high extent of utilization at Kabale Brainstorm High School. The study findings also indicated that slow internet speed and insufficient internet access points, short duration of book loans, power outages, lack of library orientation, poor computer skills, lack of enough time, lack of adequate numbers of personal computers, and paying online services were the challenges encountered by students in library information resources utilization at Kabale Brainstorm High School. From the study findings, training of library users, availability of computer technology maintenance policy documents, providing user accounts for easy access to library resources and regular power supply, provision of current and up-to-date computer technology equipment, and provision of internet services were some strategies to be put in place to address the challenges encountered by students in library information resources utilization at Kabale Brainstorm High School.
- ItemRecords Utilization and Service Delivery in The Central Registry at Kabale District Local Government.(Kabale University, 2023) Namanya, OvetThe purpose of the study was to assess records utilization and service delivery in the Central Registry at Kabale District Local Government. In light of the aim of the study, the following objectives were to; find out the categories of records maintained at the Central Registry at Kabale District local Governance, to establish the challenges faced in the utilization of records at Central Registry at Kabale District local governance and to suggest the possible solutions to the identified challenges faced in the utilization of records and service delivery at Central Registry at Kabale District local governance. The study employed a Descriptive research design that was used in gathering information. Both Qualitative and Quantitative data were collected and this enabled the researcher to draw valid and dependable conclusions and recommendations. The researcher selected a sample of 3 7 respondents who represented the whole study Population using Purposive sampling. 4 staff members working in different departments, 2 records officers, and 31 clients will be selected from Kabale District Local Government Headquarters. The findings from the study revealed that there are categories of records maintained by District Central Registries among others, including Administration and withdrawal register records, financial records, and administrative records. The findings from the study revealed that there are challenges faced in the Utilization of records at the Central Registry at Kabale District Local Government such as high relative humidity, abuse, mishandling, and lack of enough funds to support the management of records. The findings from the study revealed that there is still hope and records deterioration at the Central Registry at Kabale District Local Government can be controlled through the application of, the use of acid-free equipment and papers. The researcher recommends that there should be an establishment of records retention and disposal schedules. These schedules set out instructions for transferring records from all departments to the records office. The schedules should also provide instructions for the eventual disposal of the records, either by destruction or by transfer to the archival, repository
- ItemInformation Seeking Behavior Among Final Year Students at National Teachers' College Kabale.(Kabale University, 2023) Nduhukire, BonusThis research report investigated the information needs and seeking behavior of final-year students of the National Teacher's college Kabale, for consecutive three academic sessions. A questionnaire instrument was designed and administered to final-year students in three programs that is DEP year three DES final year DECE final year CEC final year. The sample sizes of respondents were 120 selected within and across the four above academic programs at National Teachers' College Kabale using a stratified sampling technique with a questionnaire representing 98% were returned in a usable form. The findings show that final-year students' need for course-related information was highest in each of the programs studied. The use of consultations from lecturers references through the Librarian was the common strategy for seeking information while the purpose for information varied over the years -from examination, and self-development to selecting a project topic (long essay). The study concluded that the information needs and seeking behavior of students depend on the year and course (school) of study. Improvement on the staff-student relationship and information search strategy was highly recommended.
- ItemThe contribution of Electronic Records Management towards Organisational Performance: A case study of Stanbic Bank-Kabale Branch.(Kabale University, 2023) Kembabazi, BettyThe purpose of the study was to examine the contribution of electronic records management towards organizational performance at Stanbic Bank Kabale branch. The study's specific objectives were to establish the role of electronic records management on Stanbic Bank's performance, to identify the challenges to effective management of electronic records management on Stanbic Bank's performance, and to identify solutions to the challenges to effective management of electronic records management at Stanbic Bank. The researcher used a descriptive research design with qualitative and quantitative methods and sampled 100 respondents purposefully using the sample size determination table of Krejcie and Morgan. The questionnaires used by the researcher were both open-ended and closed-ended. The study findings revealed that improvement in efficiency and productivity was the major benefit of ERM; on the challenges facing the effective management of electronic records management, the study findings revealed that most of the respondents answered that access and security were the major challenges facing ERM; and on the solutions to the challenges facing the effective management of electronic records management, the study findings revealed that most respondents answered that human resource training was the best solution to the challenges facing the effective management of electronic records management at Stanbic Bank. Lastly, the researcher recommended the construction of ERMS facilities, improve ERMS security, encourage corroborations, have government support, and provide maximum training as better solutions for the topic under study.