Browsing Administrative Offices by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 62
Results Per Page
- ItemAcademic Calendar for Academic Year (AY) 2022/2023(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale UniversityThere are three groups: Postgraduate Students (both Fresh and continuing), Undergraduate Continuing Students and Undergraduate Freshers A full AY 2022-2023 for Second-year Continuing Students is taken care of, and it stretches over thirty-four (34) weeks, running from 20th August 2022 to 27th May 2023. For other continuing students, two semesters are considered but one is the Second Semester of AY 2021/2022 (stretching from 27/08/2022 to 23/12/2022) while the other one is Semester One of AY 2022/2023 (stretching from 28th January to 27th May 2023
- ItemAudit and Risk Management Committee Charter(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe purpose of this document is to set out the role, duties and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Management Committee and its relationship to the Internal and External Audit functions and the Kabale University Council.
- ItemBudget and Accountability Guidelines for Internal Research Grants(Kabale University, 2021) Kabale UniversityThis guideline describes items that shall be funded by Kabale University’s internal research grants. This is to ensure that applicants do not include activities that are ordinarily considered as part of their intellectual contribution to the research process in budgets.
- ItemCombined Teaching Timetable for Semester Two FEB 2022/2023(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale UniversityCombined Teaching Timetable for Semester Two FEB 2022/2023
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale Universitywhereas Kabale University Administrative Staff (hereinafter referred to as the staff) need an opportunity for the staff to associate in the interest of the staff and the university; realizing that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; whereas the staff undertake to associate and/or execute the activities of the association, the staff shall be bound to comply with the provisions as stipulated herein. realizing that the universities and other tertiary institutions act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an administrative staff association in a public university; the staff hereby resolve to form kabale university administrative staff association (KUADSA). Keywords: Constitution, Administrative Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemThe Constitution of Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityHereas Kabale University Academic Staff (hereafter referred to as the Staff) are in need for an opportunity to work as a team in the interest of the individual persons and/ or common good and /or in the interest of the University. Realizing that section 68(1) of the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001 provides for an Academic Staff Association in each Public University; recognising that unity is strength and to associate is to create the necessary foundation for unity; understanding that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; mindful of the need for collective bargaining when confronted by various challenges in the work environment; kabale university academic staff hereby resolve to form an Association to be known as Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA). Keywords: Constitution, Academic Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018)Realizing that the universities and other tertiary institution Act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an Administrative Staff Association in a public University; the staff here by resolve to form Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)
- ItemDirectorate of Postgraduate Training Strategic Plan(Kabale University, 2021) Kabale UniversityTo generate a postgraduate education that is efficient, effective and transformative when responding to emerging international, community, stakeholder and citizenship demands over the next five years (2020/21-2024/25)
- ItemDraft Resource Mobilisation Plan(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe overall objective of the Plan is to ensure that there is a clear, systematic, predictable and well-coordinated approach to soliciting, acquiring, utilization, management, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating assistance for expanding the resource base to ensure sustainable resource availability for implementation of the University programmes.
- ItemE-learning Capacity Building for Kabale University Teaching Staff(Kabale University, 2020) Kabale UniversityThe training workshop explored the use of the Learning Management System (LMS) in teaching and learning. The participants went through an Orientation to eLearning course to familiarize them with the online learning environment. It also focused on application of instructional theory and design for online learning in content development. In addition, it also explored the approaches to online teaching and how to respond to the technical support needs for eLearning in various contexts. At the end of each training, participants engaged in a discussion to build a consolidated approach to eLearning for capacity development for the University. The way forward and strategy of the workshop was shared as presented in the next sections
- ItemFinance Management Manual(Kabale University, 2019-09-02) Kabale UniversityThis Finance Management Manual will be instrumental in guiding the University Council, University Management, staff and the Students Guild in managing the University affairs. The various regulations, rules, systems, processes and procedures outlined in this Manual are intended to give guidance for compliance by all stakeholders to ensure that the ethical conduct expected of the institution is upheld.
- ItemFire Safety Policy(Kabale University, 2021) Kabale UniversityThe Kabale University Fire Safety Policy ensures that so far as is reasonably practicable the risk associated with fire will be managed by Kabale University in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 2006 and any other relevant legislation that may impact upon it. The aim of this policy is, therefore, to provide a robust fire safety framework which will be implemented to secure the safety and wellbeing of everyone within the University Community. Management of fire risks will be undertaken in such a way as to prevent injury or ill-health to employees, students, visitors, contractors and the University Property as well as others who may be affected by the activities of the University.
- ItemGeneral Information and Academic Regulations(Kabale University, 2015-04) Kabale UniversityThe minimum entry requirement for admission to a Doctoral degree is a master’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution. For a Master’s Degree Programmes a) At least a Second Class (Lower) Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution, b) Lower qualification may be considered upon presentation of academic growth. For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes, an applicant for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programme normally qualifies under the following requirements: a) Direct entry from Secondary School, Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. b) Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations (accredited by Uganda National Council for higher Education) with at least a 50% mark or Diploma obtained at credit or distinction level from a recognized institution. For Undergraduate Diploma Programmes a) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (5) passes; and b) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent. For Ordinary Certificate Programmes, a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (3) passes obtained at the same sitting. Keywords: Information, Academic Registrar, Regulations.
- ItemGovernance and Leadership Wrappers of Constitutional Democracy: An Inaugural Lecture(Kabale University, 2020-02-19) Benon c., BashekaAristotle’s said, “We must begin”, “by asking an old and fundamental question – whether it is better to be ruled by the Best man or by the Best Laws.” One may also pose at this juncture and ask: Whether we need a government? If the answer is in the affirmative, what form of Government do we need? Good things and bad things we see in society are caused by leadership and Public Administration!