Browsing by Author "Kabale University Library"
Now showing 1 - 8 of 8
Results Per Page
- ItemBetter Evidence and UpToDate Training Module 1: Registration and Download(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale University LibraryThe module explain the following key aspects: What is UpToDate Anywhere, Product Demo Overview, Benefits of Registration, How to register for UpToDate and How to install Mobile Complete
- ItemBetter Evidence and UpToDate Training Module 2: Personalizing the User Experience(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale University LibraryThe modules illustrates How to Conduct a Search, Personalizing the User Experience,Topic Navigation and Functionality
- ItemBetter Evidence and UpToDate Training Module 3: Additional UpToDate Functionality(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale University LibraryThis module explains Drug Database and Drug Interactions,How to use Clinical Calculators and Graphics and Algorithms
- ItemBetter Evidence and UpToDate Training Module 4: Using Your Institutional Account(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale University LibraryThe module briefly explains UpTodate Global Health Topics, Institutional Subscription, Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credit through UpToDate and Becoming an UpToDate Certified Trainer
- ItemA Guide to Incorporating UpToDate into Curriculum(Kabale University, 2023) Kabale University LibraryThe Better Evidence for Training program based at Ariadne Labs—a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health—aims to enhance access to and uptake of the latest clinical evidence among future health care providers, encourage the habit of consulting evidence-based clinical resources, and ultimately, to support better patient care everywhere, for everyone, every time. UpToDate is an evidence-based digital tool used by 1.9 million clinicians in over 190 countries, including 90% of major academic medical centers in the United States. The tool aids in clinical decision making and has been shown to improve patient outcomes. Better Evidence research found that introducing UpToDate to medical students in Rwanda helped them habituate to consulting the evidence as part of clinical decision making after graduation. Benefits of introducing the tool to medical students and residents early in their career include: ● Demonstrating the importance of evidence-based care ● Habituating students to consult digital tools in practice ● Ensuring they have access to the latest clinical information to prepare for exams and provide care for patients UpToDate can also be used by clinical faculty and staff to improve their teaching. This document outlines some of the many ways UpToDate can be integrated into curriculum as part of the process of rolling out Better Evidence at your institution.
- ItemIron Smelting in The Abaheesi of Bukoora at the South Western End of Kabale Municipality,Kabale District in Kigezi Region(Kabale University, 2023-03-15) Kabale University LibraryIron Smelting is an important skill that has been practiced, in production of a large spectrum of implements used in homesteads, the world over since the Stone Age. However, on the sad note, its products have, overtime, been largely replaced by modern industrial and mechanization products .On a positive note, in some communities, this skill and practice have been kept alive by expert artisans. The good example is the Abaheesi of Bukoora village at the south western end of Kabale Municipality, Kabale District in Kigezi Region. Abaheesi is Rukiga dialect meaning blacksmiths. In this documentary, Kabale University Library together with the Multimedia officer from E-learning Unit visited the Abaheesi deep in the hills and talked to one of them at his workshop and the conversation and the video are presented in the repository
- ItemQuick Steps /Procedures to Access KAB E-Library (MYLOFT) (Kabale University, 2023-09-04) Kabale University LibraryThis document describes the Steps /Procedures to Access and use MyLOFT – ‘My Library On Fingertips’.