Browsing Policies by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 34
Results Per Page
- ItemAudit and Risk Management Committee Charter(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe purpose of this document is to set out the role, duties and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Management Committee and its relationship to the Internal and External Audit functions and the Kabale University Council.
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale Universitywhereas Kabale University Administrative Staff (hereinafter referred to as the staff) need an opportunity for the staff to associate in the interest of the staff and the university; realizing that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; whereas the staff undertake to associate and/or execute the activities of the association, the staff shall be bound to comply with the provisions as stipulated herein. realizing that the universities and other tertiary institutions act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an administrative staff association in a public university; the staff hereby resolve to form kabale university administrative staff association (KUADSA). Keywords: Constitution, Administrative Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemThe Constitution of Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA)(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityHereas Kabale University Academic Staff (hereafter referred to as the Staff) are in need for an opportunity to work as a team in the interest of the individual persons and/ or common good and /or in the interest of the University. Realizing that section 68(1) of the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001 provides for an Academic Staff Association in each Public University; recognising that unity is strength and to associate is to create the necessary foundation for unity; understanding that it is through cooperation that the staff shall attain their objectives; mindful of the need for collective bargaining when confronted by various challenges in the work environment; kabale university academic staff hereby resolve to form an Association to be known as Kabale University Academic Staff Association (KABASA). Keywords: Constitution, Academic Staff, Association, Kabale University
- ItemConstitution of Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)(Kabale University, 2018)Realizing that the universities and other tertiary institution Act 2001 (as amended) under section 68 provides for the existence of an Administrative Staff Association in a public University; the staff here by resolve to form Kabale University Administrative Staff Association (KUADSA)
- ItemDraft Resource Mobilisation Plan(Kabale University, 2018) Kabale UniversityThe overall objective of the Plan is to ensure that there is a clear, systematic, predictable and well-coordinated approach to soliciting, acquiring, utilization, management, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating assistance for expanding the resource base to ensure sustainable resource availability for implementation of the University programmes.
- ItemFinance Management Manual(Kabale University, 2019-09-02) Kabale UniversityThis Finance Management Manual will be instrumental in guiding the University Council, University Management, staff and the Students Guild in managing the University affairs. The various regulations, rules, systems, processes and procedures outlined in this Manual are intended to give guidance for compliance by all stakeholders to ensure that the ethical conduct expected of the institution is upheld.
- ItemFire Safety Policy(Kabale University, 2021) Kabale UniversityThe Kabale University Fire Safety Policy ensures that so far as is reasonably practicable the risk associated with fire will be managed by Kabale University in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 2006 and any other relevant legislation that may impact upon it. The aim of this policy is, therefore, to provide a robust fire safety framework which will be implemented to secure the safety and wellbeing of everyone within the University Community. Management of fire risks will be undertaken in such a way as to prevent injury or ill-health to employees, students, visitors, contractors and the University Property as well as others who may be affected by the activities of the University.
- ItemGeneral Information and Academic Regulations(Kabale University, 2015-04) Kabale UniversityThe minimum entry requirement for admission to a Doctoral degree is a master’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university or institution. For a Master’s Degree Programmes a) At least a Second Class (Lower) Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution, b) Lower qualification may be considered upon presentation of academic growth. For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes, an applicant for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programme normally qualifies under the following requirements: a) Direct entry from Secondary School, Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent. b) Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations (accredited by Uganda National Council for higher Education) with at least a 50% mark or Diploma obtained at credit or distinction level from a recognized institution. For Undergraduate Diploma Programmes a) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (5) passes; and b) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent. For Ordinary Certificate Programmes, a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (3) passes obtained at the same sitting. Keywords: Information, Academic Registrar, Regulations.
- ItemGuild Constitution(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe Kabale University Guild Constitution has an indispensable part to play in the political, social growth and development of the University. Student political activism in higher Institutions of learning is real and needs direction and support by the University council, Senate, Management, Staff and the student community itself. The council is ready and willing to give due guidance to the Student Guild by continually supporting them whenever necessary. What makes the Guild Constitution unique and relevant is the fact that the students, Management and the University Council have actively contributed to the making of this constitution until its final approval. It also clearly reflects the Mission of the University: “To excel in generation and dissemination of relevant knowledge and skills development for lifelong learning and community service.”
- ItemHuman Resource Manual,(Kabale University, 2022) Kabale UniversityThe purpose of this Human Resource Manual is to document and communicate the University’s policies and procedures on Human Resource Management and to encourage fair and consistent treatment of employees of Kabale University. It provides guidelines to be used for the management of the University’s most valuable asset -- that is Human Resources. The policies and guidelines herein are intended to create order and consistency in the day-to-day operations of Kabale University.
- ItemInformation and Communications Technology Services Policy(Kabale University, 2020) Kabale UniversityInformation and Communications Technology (ICT) Corporate Governance is the effective and efficient management of ICT resources to facilitate the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. ICT does not exist for its own sake within Kabale University; it is there to ensure Kabale University achieves sustainable success through use of it. The University shall adopt the corporate governance of ICT framework under international agreed standards developed by COBIT.
- ItemInternal Audit Charter(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThe objective of the Internal Audit is to provide additional assurance to the University Council that the implementation of management and control mechanisms is adequate, economical and consistent with the generally recognised standards and national legislation. The Internal Audit furnishes the overall University Management with analyses, recommendations, advices and information concerning the activities reviewed.
- ItemJob Descriptions and Person Specifications Manual(Kabale University, 2016) Kabale UniversityThe document lists the main features of each specific job. The description typically includes the person’s main duties, responsibilities, and working conditions. It also includes the job title and to whom the person holding that job has to report.
- ItemKabale University - Debt Management Policy(Kabale University, 2020) Kabale UniversityThis policy is about fees collection and any other outstanding balances from customers to zero. Despite the best efforts to collect the outstanding income, it is deemed to be irrecoverable if it is referred to as a bad debt and would normally be written off to the Statement of Comprehensive Income and Other Incomes as a reduction in income for accounting purposes.
- ItemKabale University Convocation Constitution(Kabale University, 2018-10) Kabale UniversityWhereas Kabale University Staff and the Alumni (hereinafter collectively referred to as the Convocation) are desirous of associating so as to provide a recognized platform for the members to take an active role in the affairs of Kabale University (hereinafter referred to as the University); Whereas the Convocation commit themselves to the pursuit of the University Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values; whereas the Convocation represents the interests of the members nationally and internationally; whereas the Convocation is one of the stakeholders’ fora of the University aiming at contributing to the development of the University; whereas section 70 of the provides for the Convocation, the Convocation members do hereby subscribe to forming a Convocation; And whereas the Convocation undertakes to associate and execute the activities of the Convocation as laid down in this Constitution, the Convocation shall be bound to accord due respect to and shall comply with the provisions as stipulated herein. Keywords: Convocation, Constitution, Kabale University
- ItemKabale University Criteria for Staff Representation on the University Governing Bodies(Kabale University, 2019) Kabale UniversityRequirements of Staff Representation on the University Governing Bodies
- ItemKabale University Directorate of Internal Audit(Kabale University, 2020) Kabale UniversityIn 2015, Kabale University was transformed from a private to a public University under Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015, under the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Prior to this change in legal status, the University had obtained a Charter in 2014 (Certificate No. UI.CH.008) – the last stage of accreditation by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education. Kabale University is therefore a unique institution in Uganda, enjoying the status of being the first institution of its kind to transform from private to public. Kabale University has great potential of being the leading university in the Great Lakes Region, given its location and opportunity of offering quality education to the Anglophone and Francophone parts of the region, thereby enhancing social and economic integration. The authority of the internal audit function is enshrined in the Public Finance Management Act, 2015. The Directorate of Internal Audit derives its mandate and authority from the University Council. Its functions, activities and operations are defined in an internal audit charter. The University Council by policy establishes and supports Internal Audit as an independent appraisal function to examine and evaluate University activities/operations as a service to management and Council of University. Keywords: Directorate, Internal Audit, Kabale University
- ItemKabale University E-Learning Policy(2020) Kabale UniversityThe main objective of this policy is to enable and facilitate teaching and learning at Kabale University through electronic means. Specifically, it aims to provide a framework in which elearning can take place as a legitimate form of learning at the university, to guide the university’s investments to establish and use e-learning resources, and to provide for the training of teachers and learners in the appropriate use of such resources to achieve the expected course outcomes.
- ItemKabale University Policy on Promoting Staff Academic Growth and Professional Development(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThis document is a policy statement that describes Kabale University policy on promoting staff academic growth and professional development within the framework of stated guiding factors. It contains general provisions on the process of promoting staff academic growth and development together with specific guidelines on operational procedures and regulations governing the staff training and development process at the University. Section One provides the meaning of terms and expressions as used in this document. It also specifies the scope of this policy as well as specifying the underlying factors that inform the policy described here including the factor of academic staff training for doctoral degrees as a high priority area and pre-requisites for academic growth and professional development, among others. Section Two outlines the objectives of the policy. Section Three is the core of the policy and it describes the main provisions of the policy together with proposals as to how the University intends to promote the academic growth and development of its members of staff. The main focus here is on the commitment of the University to promote staff academic growth and development, identifying staff training and development needs, supporting academic research and publications, providing incentives to study for higher degrees, including rewards for achieving a higher degree qualification, setting out academic conditions for continued employment of a member of staff and specifying the role of Departmental and Faculty and Institute structures as agencies for promoting staff academic growth and professional development. Section Four gives details of how the policy will be implemented. Among other things, the policy provides for the creation of an infrastructure containing the relevant policy implementing agencies including provision for a staff training and development unit within the Human Resource Directorate, a Senate Human Resource Staff Training and Development Committee chaired by the Vice-Chancellor, Staff Training and Development Committees at Faculty and Departmental levels chaired by the relevant academic heads. This section also provides a framework for operational and regulatory guidelines governing the identification of members of staff to be placed on the staff training and development programme, specification of Staff Training and Development categories, as well as application procedures for study and sabbatical leave and related financial arrangements. Keywords: Policy, Staff Academic Growth, Professional, Development, Kabale University
- ItemKabale University Policy on Promoting Staff Academic Growth and Professional Development(Kabale University, 2017) Kabale UniversityThis document is a policy statement that describes Kabale University policy on promoting staff academic growth and professional development within the framework of stated guiding factors. It contains general provisions on the process of promoting staff academic growth and development together with specific guidelines on operational procedures and regulations governing the staff training and development process at the University.